Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Almonds

Isn't the word CHOCOLATE enough? I mean...come on!!!!

I bought some chocolate and cinnamon almonds the other day at WalMart! YUM!!!!!!! They were soooo good! So good in fact they lasted literally hours. So, I decided to make some. I need some practice to formulate perfect but these will do for now.

Ingredients:
1 bag almonds
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla


2 TBS cocoa
2 Tbs sugar ( in our case I used Stevia. Sugar would have been better but whatever)
1/2 tsp salt

Shake nuts with egg white. Add powdered ingredients and shake again. Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake at 250 for 25 minutes. Stir half way through.

Yum!!

Better yet, divide in half and do cinnamon/sugar for 1/2 and cocoa for the other half and then mix together. I so wish I had done this. It was the plan really. But, I was out of cinnamon. Well, next time! These are so yummy though!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the flavored stevia? I wonder if the vanilla stevia would be good?They have all kinds I haven't yet, but my friend recommened it to me..and says it kills a little bit of the stevia taste.. I'm going to have to try these they sound really good.

    ReplyDelete