Monday, April 11, 2011

French Onion Soup

Yum!!! I only recently discovered we loved this soup in the last few years. I started gardening and quickly learned onions are really easy and fool proof to grow. When you have piles of them you start running out of uses. I tried this soup and it's always good! Luckily with a few modifications it can be a very healthy soup as well.

Ingredients:
low sodium beef stock
Low sodium chicken stock (I think veggie would be just fine too)
Onion (s )(I have used white, yellow, many small or one large. They are all good)
Sea salt (if not a heart patient)
pepper
celery salt (I dehydrate celery and save it because we never actually seem to eat the actual celery)

Slice and brown onions in a skillet. Pour everything into a stockpot or crockpot and simmer. Server alone or with croutons and cheese! My favorite is a slice of provolone or swiss cheese on top and they tucked under the broiler for a few minutes! The Keeping Daddy Alive version doesn't include cheese and is still great!

No comments:

Post a Comment