Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Plain ole' spaghetti


Just plain ole' spaghetti made healthier.

Ingredients:
Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
Ground turkey
Jar of sauce (or can of crushed tomatoes or plain tomato sauce and then add your own seasoning. I do this to avoid the massive amounts of sugar the "sauce" in glass jars have)
Garlic
Sea salt
Pepper
Basil

Cook spaghetti as directed. Brown ground turkey with spices. Add cooked meat to sauce and serve over spaghetti with a side salad.

* For salad I use fat free salad dressings and usually throw a handful of trail mix on top. I don't use the trail mix with M&M's but I think that would be awesome!

**I have found lately that if I double whatever I would normally do in spices the results are great. It seems everyone is suddenly making a much bigger deal about dinner. I also will throw a little onion and garlic in a frying pan while I get everything else ready. The smell is enough to make everyone come running. I swear if I did that while making oatmeal they would think it was the best dinner ever. There is just something about that smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment